Frequently asked questions
1. Does Mountview Academy hold open days throughout the year?
Mountview does not currently offer open days. All prospective students will have an opportunity to look round the campus during their audition/interview day. If you would like to see our current students' work, please come along to one of our forthcoming productions.
2. I am applying from abroad, how can I pay for my audition?
3. What does the audition involve?
Details can be found on the How to apply Page.
4. Can I apply for both routes of the BA Performance course, Acting and Musical Theatre?
Yes you can apply for both; however you will be required to make a separate application for each course. You will be required to audition separately for each course applied for and there is a fee for each audition.
5. Can I apply for both the BA Performance course and the Postgraduate Performance course?
Yes you can apply for both; however you will be required to make a separate application for each course and to audition separately for each course with the exception of a candidate applying for both BA Performance (Musical Theatre) & MA/PG Diploma Performance (Musical Theatre). Any candidate applying for this combination of courses will only need to complete one application and attend one audition.
6. Can I pay my fees monthly?
It is not currently possible to pay tuition fees on a monthly basis, however, Mountview Academy will review requests on an individual basis.
7. I have been awarded a Dance and Drama Award, can I also apply for a student loan?
No, if you have been awarded a Dance and Drama Award, you are not allowed to apply for a student loan.
8. I have been awarded a Dance and Drama Award, can I also apply for a Career Development Loan?
Yes, you can apply for a Career Development Loan with a Dance and Drama Award, but only for two years of study. See the DaDA website.
9. Can I apply for a Student Loan and a Career Development Loan
No, you can only make an application for one of these loans.
10. What part of my fees will the Student Tuition Fee Loan cover?
Your loan is paid to Mountview in two payments, February and May. Mountview will deduct these payments from your January and April Invoices.